General Manager Job DescriptionRichfield Springs Community Food Cooperative
MISSION STATEMENT & PURPOSE
The Richfield Springs Community Food Cooperative is dedicated to building a healthy community by providing access to natural, organic and local food. Richfield Springs Community Food Cooperative is a member- owned and operated foods cooperative whose purpose is to operate a full- service, retail grocery store and Café in Richfield Springs, NY. We abide by the Seven Cooperative principles. We seek to provide education opportunities to our community and support producers who utilize sustainable and socially responsible production methods.
The job of the General Manager is to be the first point of contact and face of the cooperative. Their purpose is to oversee day to day operations while working to achieve the goals and objectives developed by the manager and Board of Directors. The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors, which is elected by the owner members of the cooperative. The Board uses this job description to define the expectations and responsibilities of the General Manager. Manager will be expected to spend the majority of their work week at the Coop in Richfield Springs NY.
The responsibilities of a General Manager will change as the store progresses. Responsibility are as follows;
1. Work with the board to prepare operating and capital budgets and long term plan.
2. Daily operations of the Cooperative including inventory management, and financials including daily deposits with oversight by the Director of Finance
3. Schedule, coordinate, train and evaluate all staff and volunteers.
4. Develop and Maintain knowledge of natural foods retailing and industry trends. 5. Maintain relations with wholesale distributors, local markets, vendors and other
6. Facilitate the establishment and maintenance of a product mix that
meets customer needs while maintaining a good profit margin for the Coop.
7. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws: licenses, permits, health regulations, employment, etc.
8. Work with Marketing Director to keep public and membership apprised of goings on at the Coop.
9. Other Duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
● Experience handling multiple demands. ● Strong ethical decision making abilities. ● Ability to manage own and others’ time. ● Basic Computer and software skills.
● Openness to useful new ideas, regardless of where they come from. ● Commitment to cooperative values and principles.
● Ability to give and receive feedback without defensiveness.
● Ability to present spoken and written information clearly.
●History of taking action to make difficult decisions.
● Great enthusiasm for working at the Richfield Springs
Community Food Cooperative.
● Retail Management Experience Preferred
● Knowledge of current trends in natural and local foods industry.
● Bottom-line accountability experience.
●Ability to be proactive and keep momentum going for growth and change.
Salary: $25,000-$30,000 per year
Please Send your Resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply
Please Note: This position has been made available by a provision of the New York State Office of Homes & Community Renewal CDBG funding through Otsego County. Low and moderate-income persons as defined by HUD will be given first consideration in hiring. Information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 315-400-1787.
Due to this provision being a one time funding opportunity, the position will be a one year contract, with potential renewal based on creating a sustainable business under the successful candidates direction.
The duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, requirements, and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exclusive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Sign up to receive information about meetings, upcoming events, and more!
We want to build a main street retail location where locally produced food is readily available for everyone to access.
Part of our vision is to include a community co-kitchen, so local bakers, food producers and food entrepreneurs have access to a certified kitchen to produce and store their products
We have many other ideas about how to bring everyone together to enjoy a community vibe, participate in events and help us grow!
We are always looking for like minded people to join us in developing our vision and making the Co-op a reality. We are looking for anyone who is interesting in being part of the process!
140 West Main Street, Richfield Springs, New York 13439, United States
Copyright © 2019 Richfield Community Food Co-op - All Rights Reserved.